Sunday 10 August 2014

Op Art! (+tutorial)

Hello,
today I'm showing you a mani I did back in June, I had it on my mind for a while and when I finally got to do it I knew it would be a perfect one for a tutorial. My Arts teacher in school paid a lot of attention to modern art history and he got me interested in it as well.
Well, have a look!



Keep reading for a tutorial!


The Process:
1. Paint your nails white.
2. Think of the way you want this nail to look like and then paint thin (the thinner the better) lines to define the blocks.
3. Fill the blocks with stripes.


Filling the blocks with stripes didn't always go the way I imagined, so the optical illusion effect isn't what I wanted it to be. It was still kind of effective, though.
What I used:
Gabriella Salvete 148 (white base)
black acrylic paint
Essence BTGN high gloss (as sealing top coat)
Essence 24/7 nail base (as matte top coat)


What do you say? Do you have a favourite period in modern art?
Take care!

12 comments:

  1. wahou! I really love your nail design! (sorry for my english because i'm french and it's my first comment on your blog that i follow with pleasure) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful and I very like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all your nails! I found you on Nailpolis and i started following you on Bloglovin. You shoul have more follow bottons :) Such a cute blog! You're invited to mine www.mademoisellelacquered.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    PS: When i saw that you're from Czech Republic i got a bit excited. My grate grandfather was born there ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, and they glowed! Sadly I didn't manage to take a picture.
    happy to help ;) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I'm pretty sure I know your name, and your blog and all that, but I'm wondering how if this is the first comment :D
    And don't apologize for your perfectly okay english ;) Look at me, I'm Czech, my English is so not flawless, but I pretend I'm pretty good speaker so nobody complains :D
    (you know, where would I be without spell-check)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I'm not sure what do you mean with the follow buttons though.. I checked out your blog - cute florals there! :)
    It's lovely you had Czech grandfather, we're such a small country but I come across people conected to it so often

    ReplyDelete
  7. i seriously need to give this a go they look amazing and stand out so much! Thanks for the tutorial too i hope mine will look as neat as this when i get round to doing it!

    http://lollysnailpaints.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's great! let me know if you try ;) and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome design!! Might just have to give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did some op art last week too :D it looks awesome, but requires a steady hand ;p

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha, you're right, I saw your op art nails, nice! :)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.