Wednesday 16 April 2014

Moravian Ceramics Inspired

Heey! 
With Easter around the corner I wanted to do something Czech related, I was considering traditional Easter eggs, but then I remembered this print, typical for south-east Moravia - my region, I was looking at so many times at my grandma's and wondering, how to replicate it on my nails. Well, I tried!


 My inspiration, Tupeská keramika...

source 1, source 2

I started the design on my left ring finger, with the big flower, using acrylic paint on Gabriella Salvete 148 white base. I got tired painting with acrylics so I partly switched to gel pens when I got to my right hand. Gel pens are easier to control with my left than a brush. That's why my hands don't look entirely the same.


To stick with the Easter theme I chose to make three of my nails more tribal-like, but still inspired by the traditional pattern.


What do you think? How do you feel about using traditional motives in nail art?
And do you prefer the left hand or the right hand look?

7 comments:

  1. Moje hlava zase nepobírá, jak někdo může být tak šikovný! To je naprosto dokonalý a překrásný <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marge !

    It's absolutely magnificent, the realization is sublime and the idea is absolutely brilliant. I adore traditional patterns. About is their country of origin, they are always so beautiful.

    But every time (and it's rare) I see one used for a nail art I think OMG, but what a work !
    Bravo, bravo, bravo.


    Amitiés,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. to víš, je to jen trénink ;) děkuji mnohokrát!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, It's wonderful, well done, especially the flower on your left ring finger :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you! I'm happy you like it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very beautiful and nice to see you incoorporating something local and traditional in your easter nail art =) I like the left hand best.. Maybe you can show us what those gel pens are? I'm curious =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you very much! you can see some of the gel pens in posts tagged "gel pen" here :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.