Wednesday 29 January 2014

Freehand Chevron Tutorial

Hi! I have a tutorial for you today. It's for my Matching Chevron I did A LONG TIME AGO, but I got some requests for this recently and I remembered I took photos of the process (which is super easy, imo), so here we go, tuto after the jump as usual.




The Process:
1. Paint your nails white and make guidelines (in white or close-to-white colour). Start with the middle one and continue with V-shapes from the top.
2.-4. Fill in the V-shapes with polishes of your choice. You can use brushes that come with the polish.
5. Outline with striper brush.
6. Seal it with top coat.

The best thing about this is, that it doesn't use tape, cause I'm too impatient to work with it. Guidelines do the trick instead. And the colour possibilities are endless.


What I used:
Gabriella Salvete 148 (white)
Rimmel 500 Peppermint (mint)
Miss Sporty 311 (light metallic)
Gabriella Salvete 04 Mistero Grey (dark metallic)
black acrylic paint (outlining)
white acrylic paint (guidelines and corrections)
NYC Turbo Dry top coat
Miss Sporty Check Matte

This design was so simple I can keep this short.
How about you: freehand or tape?

4 comments:

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.