Wednesday 22 January 2014

Baby Penguin Skittlette

Hello!
So, how much do you love penguins? Those fluffy, round bodies, phlegmatic but curious faces, the way they walk, trip, get up acting like nothing happened, and all those videos of them being just funny... Yep, you can tell I have a thing for them and when my friend suggested I could do penguin nails I was in.


I didn't want to do that simple cartoon version you see on others nails regularly so I spent a while coming up with something else. I decided for realistic interpretation of baby penguin, partly inspired by Precious Polish's Penguin Pals. Originally I wanted to do one nail with big baby penguin and the rest with penguin pattern, but I got tired after the first pattern nail, so I turned it into skittlette.


I used my regular and detailing brushes (more about those in the bottom of Every-Post Products page) with black and white acrylic paint. Freehand, of course.


Polishes I used:
Gabriella Salvete 148 (white base)
Rimmel 803 Man Overboard (grey)
Rimmel 800 Black Out (thumb)
NYC Turbo Dry top coat
Miss Sporty Check Matte top coat (over nail art)
enii-nails matt finish top coat (over grey and black)


And I shouldn't forget about the model! How adorable is he? (I'm not usually this crazy about cute things, but penguins!) This is the penguin I actually painted on my ring finger, changing the colours a little.

source
One more close up before I get to goodbye.


Ok. What do you say? And what's your favourite animal / what animal would you like to see on nails?
Take care!

12 comments:

  1. This is so cute! He looks so fuzzy and huggable on your nails! I think I'd like to see a Koala...... on bamboo = most adorable thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, I can totally see the koala holding his piece of bamboo, being adorable <3 :D

    thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zara TracesOfPolish23 January 2014 at 11:00

    These are just adorable! Love the ring finger but the skittlette idea was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, this is so sweet and cute and adorable. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miluju tučnáčky! Moc se ti to povedlo, je to rozkošný :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you! skittlette is perfect when you don't want to spend too much time on a mani, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. to jsem ráda, dělala jsem je pro nás, milovníky tučňáků :D děkuji!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable, just like the real thing! I love them matte :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, yes, yes, penguins! :D (I get too excited every time I see that little guy)
    thank you, lucy :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.